1. Why bother?
2. How it works?
2.1 Active learning
2.3 The criteria of the certification / requirements from the training participants
3. What’s in it for me?
4. What is it?
5. Business mentor community
The market economy has been (re-)discovered relatively recently, with a booming of enterprises and business managerial experience which now requires stronger support and consolidation processes.
New models of doing business are required for SME’s - the same is true for consultants, who need new methods of learning, working, competences and supporting structures – that’s why the TRUST ME project acts on two major dimensions:
- At individual level – competence development
- At structural level
- Creating a new profession, the Business mentor one,
- Create new networks for entrepreneurs and professionals.
The Business Mentor Skills Development Programme is delivered through a mix of modern applied methods, during intense, but flexible three weeks of
Active learning - a mixed and rich variety of learning methods, under participants’ control
- Experiential learning activities
- Group work
- Role plays
- Business simulations
- Interactive presentation of business models and concepts.
In order to facilitate learning and to increase the flexibility, the development programme offers a variety of learning methods like:
- E-learning (on-line)
- Based on a friendly interface
- Flexibility to choose
- Self-assessment of skills
- Personal development at own pace.
- 3 days face-to-face training
- classroom immersion in client interactions and role plays
- experienced facilitators
- guest speakers – entrepreneurs that share their needs first hand
- valuable practice through role-plays
- understand (discuss, role-play etc.) different stages in the difficult client – business mentor relationship.
- Business simulations – face-to-face group learning, follow by on-line individual and group sessions.
- Individual learning – including reflective practice.
- Group learning – in an action learning group.
- Access to local (e.g. SME owners) and international experts (e.g. professional mentors).
- Participation on all the 3 (face-to-face) days programme
- Watching the e-learning materials and playing 3 rounds with the Global Challenge simulation game)
- Completion of the self-assessment at the beginning and at the end of the training and the peer assessment with 2 other training participants
- Working on their own reflective journal (learning diary)
- Completion of at least 6 of the 9 e-learning module evaluation questionnaires
- Completion of the final training evaluation questionnaire
- Justification of at least 1 SME owner contact occasion.
- Be the first on the market in this new profession
- Get one month intensive blended learning
- Understand mentoring process / Being a better mentor
- Improve own management style
- Become familiar with new knowledge
- e.g. a map of BM competencies
- Understand SME needs and perspectives
- Enjoy on-line flexibility of study
- Learn with other people like you in face – to – face learning and sharing & discovery process.
The TRUST ME Business Mentor Skills Development Programme aimed for those individuals who believe in and support SME owners and CEO’s to grasp business opportunities, solve problems and grow their business using both consulting skills and mentoring skills in order to be effective and provide real added value.
It was built on evidence based consulting models, business concepts, and techniques, collected through a successful collaboration within an international partnership lead by Budapest Business School (BBS). The practical research was performed by 3 higher education institutions (BBS, Babes-Bolyai University and Lahti University of Applied Sciences), completed by the insights and understandings offered by a professional association (Business Hungary) and two consulting companies (ADINVEST International and CDM) – see the partners.
More info is available about the outcomes that helped the foundation of this programme.
Some of those who successfully complete the BMS will be invited to join the business mentor community that will function as a:
- Social Network - Helping business mentors and business angels to connect and increase ease of sharing information
- Community of practice (alignment network) - Facilitating people to explore potential shared identity and value propositions, while work together to develop and impose business and ethic standards for the new profession
- Productivity Network - Helping Business mentors to work together in consultancy assignments and implement collaborative action.